Tuesday, February 19, 2013

This Empty Girl


 

Rosie, it's time to tell you the truth. 

     You've been in the dark long enough, so long that you have become colorblind, seeing in coffee black and egg white.  You haven't seen the sun in years, darling, and it's time you know the real reason why. 

     I am sparing the world of your face. 

     I have made your bed at the bottom of the blackest hole to save the ones you love from the failure you have become.  You know not the ways in which you have disappointed everyone. 

     But now, it's time you know. 

     You are not pretty, and you are not bright.  In fact, you are ugly and so very ordinary.  You are nothing, Rosie.  You are the skin of the girl you could be if only you had control, if only you would listen to me when I speak. 

     I am trying to help you, you stupid girl.  I am trying to make you worthy.  If you would do as you're told, I could make you beautiful, wanted, loved.  I could give you friends.

     Don't try and pretend as if they is not what you have always dreamed of.  There is nothing you want more, darling.  I understand that, I understand your longing perfectly. 

     But you must stop this.  All of this eating, this disgusting eating, must stop this instant.  You must get off this roller coaster and forgo this false sense of security.  Eating does nothing but upset you, darling.  So why do you continue to torture yourself?

     Listen to me, Rosie.  Listen very carefully. 

     You must resist the food.  You must be strong.  No matter how knotted your stomach may become, no matter how dizzy you get, and no matter how many times you tell yourself  one bite won't hurt, you must not eat. 

     For what nourishes you will also destroy you. 

     You are too young to be this empty girl. 

     But fear not, darling.  Soon, you will find perfection. 



No comments:

Post a Comment